Sant Agustí Vell (Plaza)

Wikis > Sant Agustí Vell (Plaza)

En esta plaza pasa la VIA AUGUSTA romana.

Antes la plaza era conocida como PONT D’EN CAMPDERÀ. Estaba ahí el molino de sal de Barcelona y la casa recibía el nombre del Pes de la Farina (Peso de la Harina).

In this square the AUGUST Roman ROUTE passes.
Before the square was known as PONT D’EN CAMPDERÀ. The mill was there of salt of Barcelona and the house it was receiving the name of the Pes de la Farina (Weight of her flour).

Había en esta plaza también la Casa de Contrast de Teixits de Llana (Casa de Contraste de tejidos de lana). El Consell de Cent ordenaba a todos los tejedores que se presentasen ahí tus telas. Era llamada popularmente la casa de la Bolla, por que la Bolla, era el sello que ponía la acreditación en cera, de la legalidad de la tela y de su calidad. Los tejidos deficientes, mezclados o no puros de lana, eran quemados públicamente. Era un deshonor y un escarnio para los tejedores de Barcelona y probablemente nunca jamás volverían a tener clientes ni a poder volver a tejer las telas, por eso las telas de la Bolla, que se marcaban con la B de Barcelona, eran famosas en el mundo entero, y consideradas las mejores.

There was in this square also Contrast de Teixits’s house of Trowel (House of Contrast of fabrics of wool). The Consell de Cent was ordering all the weavers that your fabrics were appearing there. There was called popularly the house of the Bolla, for which her Bolla, it was the stamp that was putting the crediting in wax, of the legality of the fabric and of his quality. The deficient, mixed fabrics or not cigars of wool, they were burnt publicly. It was a dishonor and a scorn for the weavers of Barcelona and probably they would never return to have clients nor to being able to return to weave them ever fabrics, because of it the fabrics of the Bolla, which were marked with her B with Barcelona, were Famous in the entire world, and considered the best.

El nombre de la plaza de Sant Agustí Vell viene de que había un monasterio dedicado a Sant Agustí. Existía desde 1309. Felipe V (el demoledor, apodado así desde esta web, por la cantidad de destrozos que hizo a Barcelona y a sus gentes), ordenó su demolición.
En el año 1750, el convento consigue establecer una iglesia provisional, en la calle del Hospital. 10 años más tarde, es bendecida la Iglesia definitiva de Sant Agustí Nou.

The name of Sant Agustí Vell square, comes from that there was a dedicated monastery to Sant Agustí. It existed from 1309. Felipe V (the wrecker, nicknamed this way from this web, for the quantity of destructions that did Barcelona and to his peoples), he ordered his demolition.
In the year 1750, the convent manages to establish a provisional church, in the street of the Hospital. 10 years later, it is blessed the Sant Agustí Nou, definitive Church.

Guarda el enlace permanente.